I n t e r n a t i o n a l A r t i s t C a l l A r t T e c h M e d i a 0 7 T h e F i r s t I n t e r n a t i o n a l A r t T e c h M e d i a C o n g r e s s
Calling on all creatives of the world to participate.
Submissions will be accepted from the following categories
- Video art
- 2D & 3D Computer Animation
- Blog, videoblog
- Creation for mobile platforms
- Digital Music
- Digital Communities
- Geospatial storytelling
- Artificial Life, Software art, Transgenic art, Generative art
In a globalised world, dominated by communication technologies, with countless questions concerning a future that affects our everyday life, it is essential to make this analysis and to consider, from different perspectives, how our polyhedral, altered reality is being effected by the widespread use of new technology as a support for new ideas and possibilities that are almost infinite. We need to investigate how this occurs in different societies and cultures and to propose models that may go beyond what has been known until now.
Last year, Art Tech Media 06 encounters had been held at nine Spanish museums, and given the great participation and the opinions collected, its seems clear that this is an ideal time to celebrate the First International Art Tech Media Conference. It represents a great opportunity to hold a transversal debate in order to devise proposals that will lead to greater and better coordination among the different sectors of art, aimed at strengthening its development.
Art Tech Media 06 headquaters: Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Unión Fenosa, Presidencia Gobierno de Canarias, Museo Domus Artium 2002, Centro-Museo Vasco de Arte Contemporáneo Artium, Fundación BilbaoArte, Centro Párraga, Museo de Arte Moderno y Contemporáneo EsBaluard, Centro de Cultura Contemporánea de Barcelona.
- Works must have been produced after January 1st, 2006.
- The number of submissions is not limited.
- Works may be presented in any language. However, a transcript of dialogues
must be included in either Spanish or English,
- The organization reserves the rights to use parts of the works for media broadcasting, within the
promotional framework of artechmedia.
- Following the process of selection based on abstratcs, all participants will be notified in writing of the result and the required format for the presentationof their work, preferably on DVD.
- Authors will be responsible for copyright of their works.
- Works selected will be exhibited in artechmedia.
- A electronic catalogue will be produced in Spanish and English, including all the works.
- Artists with works selected shall agree to assign a copy to artechmedia, which may be used in the subsequent exhibitions.
- The organization is not responsible for the content of works in order to preserve freedom.
- Those interested in submitting work in these categories must send a completed entry form.
- The net-art @blog, videoblog must include the URL address in the entry form.
- A part from the entry form, those interested in taking part in video art and computer animation
must also send a DVD with their work.
- Digital Music must be sent both in digital format and as a hard copy by post.
- All mail is to be sent to the office central art tech media.
Art Tech c/Méndez Nuñez 102, 6ºD. 38001 S/C Tenerife. Canary Island. Spain
DEADLINE: 30th march 2007
SELECTION AND JURY
- Works presented will be selected by a committee of the organization.
- In each category a jury composed of experts will select the works.
- Jury's decision is final, and is not open to appeal.
SELECTED WORKS must include:
- Technical credits.
- Technical requirements for its showing.
- Two colour photographs of every work sent.
- A short biography of author or representative organization.
- A transcript of dialogues in spanish or english.
- All works must include in their front page: the work's title, the delivery address, and the data of author or representative organization.
- In case of not providing a correct delivery address, the organization will not be responsible for the works.
- Submission of a work implies the acceptance of these regulations.
>registration form> enter
8,9,10,11 de mayo 2007. Madrid. España